Hand washing probably seems like second nature to you. It certainly does to us! The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) studies have said that regular hand washing is the best way to prevent infectious diseases. And they’ve published guidelines for washing our hands at home and at work. How many of these suggestions do you follow?
- Wet your hands with clean running water (warm or cold) and apply soap.
- Rub your hands together to make a lather and scrub them well; be sure to scrub the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Continue rubbing your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry.
There are more occasions to wash our hands than most of us think of, like after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, touching an animal or even animal feed, and after touching garbage.
A clean and sterile environment is the first priority in any dental office, but especially at 12 Oaks Dental in Austin. The CDC and the state of Texas have strict requirements that keep our patients and our dental team safe and protected.
We follow or exceed every guideline, for your safety and for ours. Treatment rooms are disinfected before your appointment, we use gloves and masks for even the simplest exams, and we clean and sterilize our instruments after each use. Our sterilization equipment is regularly inspected to make sure it’s working properly.
Have you visited our dental office in Austin lately? Call us to make an appointment and experience the highest standards of care and protection. We know how important your dental health is to maintaining your overall well-being, and we want to help keep you healthy for a long time!