For many years, people who wanted straighter teeth had only one choice: wearing metal braces for an extended period of time. But recent advancements in dental technology have changed all that. Today, patients can choose from a variety of clear aligner products that allow them to enjoy all the benefits of straighter teeth in a shorter period of time and without anyone ever knowing they’re wearing an orthodontic device! One of the most effective clear aligner options is ClearCorrect, which is why we’re pleased to offer this remarkable tooth-straightening technology to our patients from throughout the Austin, Texas area.
The ClearCorrect System
The ClearCorrect method is an orthodontic treatment that is specifically designed to straighten overcrowded or crooked teeth. It involves the patient wearing aligner trays that are made from polyurethane resin, a material that is both transparent and stain resistant. Patients are provided with a new set of custom-made aligners every 2 to 4 weeks. The patient can remove the aligner trays to eat meals and perform daily oral hygiene, but the trays must be worn for at least 22 hours a day in order for the treatment to work.
Advantages of ClearCorrect
Just as the name implies, the aligners are clear – meaning no one else will ever know that the patient is wearing an orthodontic device! For most people, that is the most obvious advantage, but there are other benefits as well, including the following:
- Comfort — Most people report that the aligner trays are much more comfortable than traditional braces. The brackets and wires used with metal braces can irritate and scratch the patient’s gums, but ClearCorrect aligners are simply clear plastic trays that fit comfortably inside the patient’s mouth.
- Treatment time — The entire treatment period with ClearCorrect aligners is often either the same or somewhat shorter than with metal braces.
- No dietary restrictions – Because patients can remove the aligners to eat meals, no foods are off limits.
- Simpler oral hygiene – Metal braces make it difficult to thoroughly clean teeth and gums. But because the patient can remove the ClearCorrect trays when it’s time to brush and floss, it means they can follow their normal oral hygiene routine each day.
- Affordability – ClearCorrect aligners are a more affordable option than many other teeth-straightening methods. This makes them a great choice for patients on a tight budget!
Who Are Good Candidates for ClearCorrect?
While there’s no doubt that the ClearCorrect treatment method is an excellent choice for some patients, it may not be the right choice for everyone. People with severely misaligned teeth may be better off with traditional braces. The only way to find out for sure whether or not you’re a good candidate for ClearCorrect is to ask your dentist.
Contact Us Today
To find out more about ClearCorrect, contact our Austin, Texas office today and schedule an appointment.