Austin Dental Bridges
Replacing Missing Teeth in Austin
Whether you’re missing one tooth or several teeth, a dental bridge is another solution for restoring your entire smile to health, function and an attractive appearance.
What is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is used to “bridge the gap” left by a missing tooth or teeth. It is made up of two or more dental crowns that are placed on the healthy remaining teeth on either side of the gap; as well as the false teeth (called pontics) held in place between the crowns.
What are the Benefits of a Dental Bridge?
It may surprise you, but even one missing tooth can have a tremendous impact on your smile. When a tooth is lost, and not replaced, the remaining teeth can shift and move. This moving can lead to, biting pain, crooked teeth, bone loss, decay, and TMJ pain. A bridge can:
- Restore the appearance of your smile
- Restore your ability to bite and chew comfortably
- Restore your ability to speak clearly
- Keep healthy teeth in their natural positions, preventing them from shifting
- Support your facial structure